Radiation Shielding Glass - Lead Lined Glass
Radiation Shielding Glass (Lead Glass)
The radiation shielding glass is used in X-Ray rooms and Iodine Therapy rooms.
In the X-Ray rooms by regulation it is mandatory to use a minimum 2.2mm Pb with a lead equivalence at ~ 140kVp.This glass is available with us and has been tested to the relevant standards. (AS/NZ 4543.2:1999 Protective devices against diagnostic medical X-Radiation Part 2 : Protective Glass Plates.)
In the Iodine Therapy rooms , it is mandatory to have 10.5mm Pb achieved in a glass thickness of 37mm.The shielding assesment was performed by measuring the transmission of the 364keV gamma rays emitted from a collimated source of 131 I calibrated as 250MBq.
Measurements were made with a calibrated Victoreen 450B-DE-SI Ionisation Chamber S/N 104.
The glass is in accordance with the schedule A1 of ARPANSA Code of Practice RPS 14 Radiation Protection in the Medical Application of Ionising Radiation 2008.
X- Ray Radiation Shielding Glass ( Lead glass) Features :
- The Lead Glass for the X-Ray rooms comes in 12mm thickness with 2.2mm Pb lead content.
- The edges can be flat polished.
- Radiation Protective Glass 12mm thickness has a lead content of 56%.
- The Radiation Shielding Glass with 2.2mm Pb with a lead equivalence at ~ 140 kVp has a density of 4.09 g/cm3.
- The Lead Glass for Iodine Therapy rooms comes in 37mm thickness with 10.5mm Pb lead content.
- The lead glass can be made available in higher lead content and greater thickness as required.
For technical data information, please login on home page.
Aluminium Glazed Partitions | Aluminium Glazed Doors | Drywall Partitions | Glass Walls Melbourne | Plasterboard Partitions | Demountable Partitions | Sliding Doors Melbourne | Radiation Shielding Glass | Automatic Sliding Doors | Office Fitouts Melbourne | Office Interiors Melbourne | Office Partitions